Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Beginnings..

Hi there! This is the very first post on the life of Sunshine, a vanagon (aka caravelle, T3 and/or T25) in Singapore.

Sunshine is a VW bus, born on 16 Dec 1982 in Hanover, Germany. It left its chilly birthplace 3 months later on 28 Mar 1983 to begin an exciting new life in faraway sunny Singapore.... Fast forward to March 2012, Sunshine is now largely forgotten and wasting away in the garage of a 2nd-hand car dealer and doomed to the fate of being scrapped for metal in less than a year.

This blog largely describes the process of how it was rescued, restored and now re-engineered as a beloved lifestyle car with a wonderful new career as a chariot for weddings/events/special occasions and the most photogenic model ever (this is a very proud parent speaking..)!!

Sunshine in progress (4th month into restoration).....


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the reborn of Sunshine!! I'm sure he will be the cutest boy on the road... Vroom vroom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thks! Do drop by often, new posts coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! I have finally met up with Sunshine earlier and he is so unbelievably gorgeous! I have not seen anything this captivating and with character on this sunny island for the longest time... I can't wait to travel on the road with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sunshine is a real beauty (Ahem, or should I say handsome chap). I will go share your Blog to my FB.

    I really should 加油to put up mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alicia! Your blog is taking shape nicely too ;)

    ReplyDelete